July 4th Fireworks Show-Fredericksburg
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sat, 07/04/2020
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
Please note that Lady Bird Golf Course driving range will close at noon and Pavilion #4 will be closed all-day. The creek is included in the firework fallout zone, therefore watercraft & fishing are prohibited where posted.
The City would like to notify and encourage those planning to view the fireworks of the following:
• To the greatest extent possible, please view the fireworks in a drive-in fashion and limit exiting of your vehicle.
• Due to limited staff and anticipated high attendance at Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park, you may encounter limited access to park restrooms.
• Numerous other viewing sites are available to view the fireworks, in addition to Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park. You can view the fireworks from the Gillespie County Fairgrounds, Oakcrest Park, and Fredericksburg High School parking lots.
• After the fireworks, the Fredericksburg Police Department will assist vehicles exiting Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park and the Fairground parking areas.
o For those parked on Tivydale Road (FM 2093) west of Kerr Road, you will be forced to take Tivydale (FM 2093) westbound or Kerr Road northbound to exit.
o For those leaving the fairgrounds on Fair Drive at Tivydale (FM 2093), you will need to turn westbound on Tivydale or north on Kerr Road. Access to Highway 16 from this exit will not be permitted.
o For those leaving the fairgrounds on Fair Drive at Highway 16, you can turn right to access Highway 16 South or left to the inside lane of Highway 16 North.
o For those exiting Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park, you can turn right to access Highway 16 South or left to the inside lane of Highway 16 North.
• If you are uncomfortable being around large crowds, the City has partnered with Texas Rebel Radio network to stream the fireworks show live on social media for those that wish to watch from home. Connect with the Texas Rebel Radio’s official Facebook page and watch for free in real time! In addition, patriotic music will be broadcast live on KNAF AM 910 to enhance your viewing experience during the fireworks show.
Due to COVID-19, and after reviewing Governor Abbott’s minimum standard health protocols for outdoor events released on June 3, 2020, the City also encourages the following:
• Individuals aged 65 and older are at a higher risk of COVID-19. To the extent possible, avoid contact within 6 feet with individuals aged 65 and older. Large gatherings, even those held outside, pose a significant risk to this population.
• Individuals should maintain 6 feet of separation from others outside the individual’s group. A group is defined as no more than 10 persons including the members of the household and those persons who traveled together to the event.
• If you feel sick or have flu-like symptoms, stay home.
• Consider wearing a cloth face covering (over the nose and mouth) at the event when within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of the individual’s group.
The mayor will continue to consider public health indicators and work closely with the local public health authority to make decisions regarding additional restrictions that could be imposed.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.