McNay Second Thursdays
*The event has already taken place on this date: Thu, 10/10/2019
- September 12 (indoors), 6–9 pm - Band: DJ Despeinada—Studio 54 set
- October 10, 6–9 pm - Band: Panic!—Classic 80s
- Bring your blanket and lawn chairs to lounge on the grounds while listening to live music.
- Dog-friendly (outside).
- Food trucks on campus
- Beer for purchase by Real Ale Brewing Company.
- As a partner of the McNay Art Museum's summer exhibition, Transamerica/n: Gender, Identity, Appearance Today, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital will offer free and confidential HIV screenings to our community during the Museum’s free Second Thursday events on August 8 and September 12.
TOURS & GALLERY ADMISSION:
- Tours of the main collection galleries are offered at 6:30 and 7:30 pm.
- Main collection galleries will be free of charge thanks to H-E-B!
- Art at the Fountain: Families can enjoy an art-making activity during Second Thursdays at the Koehler Fountain on the grounds.
- September 12 (indoors), 6–7:30 pm - Tortilla Press Prints
- October 10, 6–7:30 pm - Stamp Murals
GETTING HERE & PARKING:
- There is free parking at the McNay, but it is limited. These lots are located behind the Jones Building, off of Emporia Blvd and off of N New Braunfels Ave.
- There will be free parking at the annex lot at the corner of Emporia Blvd & Vanderheck St. A shuttle will bring you to and from the McNay. There is no public parking available at Sunset Ridge Church of Christ.
- Please note, there will be no shuttle on September 12.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.